Last week I talked about all the things that put me off reading a book. To balance this out I thought it would be good to list the things I enjoy the most.
- If the story is written in the first person. This is my preferred narrative because I feel like I can connect to the story better when it’s written this way and, I just get find more enjoyment reading from this perspective.
- Retellings of Fairytales – I adore these, the more creative the better!
- Slow building romance, when this is done well it’s a joy to read!
- Stories that take place in space or on another planet hugely fascinate me.
- A strong female lead – I love nothing more when reading than having the lead female character be strong independent women who don’t need a man to save the day!
I’d love to hear your thoughts, feel free to leave a comment